New York News
Deadly apartment fire in Brooklyn
FLATBUSH, Brooklyn (WABC) -- An out of control fire turns deadly in Brooklyn.
Martin Johnson, 60, was found dead on his kitchen floor following the blaze on the top floor of a four story apartment building in Flatbush.
The building is located at 95 Woodruff Avenue.
60 fire fighters battled the fire that broke out at around 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
The FDNY was able to contain the fire to the top floor and had it out in about 20 minutes.
Investigators are working to identify the person who died in the fire and the cause of the fire.
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, fdny, fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos