New York News
Arrest in fatal shooting at Queens house party
ST. ALBANS, Queens (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in Queens shooting that left a woman dead after she kicked out two uninvited guests from a birthday party this weekend.
The shooting happened around 4:23 a.m. during a surprise party on 119th Road in St. Albans Sunday.
Police say 26-year-old Avalisa Morris was shot in the head and stomach.
Morris apparently forced two people to leave after they began to fight. She was then shot through a door she was guarding to keep the party crashers out.
Authorities say 23-year-old O'Neil Mairs is facing several charges, including murder.
new york city, queens, st. albans, shooting, new york news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
42 min ago