New York News
Arrest in fatal shooting at Queens house party
ST. ALBANS, Queens (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in Queens shooting that left a woman dead after she kicked out two uninvited guests from a birthday party this weekend.
The shooting happened around 4:23 a.m. during a surprise party on 119th Road in St. Albans Sunday.
Police say 26-year-old Avalisa Morris was shot in the head and stomach.
Morris apparently forced two people to leave after they began to fight. She was then shot through a door she was guarding to keep the party crashers out.
Authorities say 23-year-old O'Neil Mairs is facing several charges, including murder.
new york city, queens, st. albans, shooting, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House 20 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees