New York News
Valentine's Day cooking class for couples
NEW YORK (WABC) -- This Valentine's Day, step outside of your comfort zone and try something new with your significant other. That is what Brooke Parkhurst and James Briscione had in mind when they created a special cooking class for couples to attend on the special day.
Brooke and James are a married couple and they both know that escaping from the normal routine on certain occasions is important in every relationship.
"Food is really sensual. Instead of sitting on your couch watching television, you're being creative, being playful," Brooke said.
The class gives couples the opportunity to mix things up and use team work to produce a delicious meal.
Jacqueline Broder has been with her boyfriend Florian for two years.
"The fruits of your labor are really enjoyed. You can really work together and come up with new techniques and then at the end have a nice meal together," she said.
The goal is to unite couples with easy recipes that encompass a lot of flavor.
Cooking may not be something that everyone has experience, but when describing the recipes, instructor Brooke Parkhurst says no worries.
"We don't want them to be to difficult, don't want to intimidate anybody. This is about getting people back into the kitchen and putting away their take out menus," Parkhurst said.
In the kitchen of love birds Elizabeth and Omar, she usually wears the apron. The cooking class enables individuals to make the food preparation process easier for their loved one if they tend to handle things in the kitchen while at home.
"I'll chop some, Brooke will chop some, and we'll do it at the same time. Gets done quicker," instructor James Briscione said.
The couples can consider it a team effort that is all in the name of love. The classes are available at The Institute of Culinary Education and The Culinary Loft on Sunday, February 13th and Monday, February 14th.
The Institute of Culinary Education: http://www.iceculinary.com
new york city, valentine's day, cooking, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Designer L'Wren Scott dead in apparent suicide 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- St. Pat's parade proceeds amid tension over gays
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Photos: Dancing With The Stars Season 18 cast
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon