New York News
NYC officials: Violent street gang is dismantled
HARLEM (WABC) -- Prosecutors say they have effectively dismantled a once powerful Harlem gang.
Fourteen members of the "137th Street" crew have been indicted.
Authorities say the charges come after a lengthy investigation involving surveillance video and recordings of jail house conversations.
Prosecutors allege the suspects dealt crack and used beatings, shootings and robberies to protect their turf for years.
All 14 suspects face conspiracy charges.
A dozen of them are expected in court later today.
new york city, harlem, crime, gang violence, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 20 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 29 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Infant brought to NYC hospital by parents pronounced dead 4 min ago
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 23 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 58 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
20 min ago