New York News
NYC officials: Violent street gang is dismantled
HARLEM (WABC) -- Prosecutors say they have effectively dismantled a once powerful Harlem gang.
Fourteen members of the "137th Street" crew have been indicted.
Authorities say the charges come after a lengthy investigation involving surveillance video and recordings of jail house conversations.
Prosecutors allege the suspects dealt crack and used beatings, shootings and robberies to protect their turf for years.
All 14 suspects face conspiracy charges.
A dozen of them are expected in court later today.
new york city, harlem, crime, gang violence, new york news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 37 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 33 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 25 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 20 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
16 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
33 min ago