New York News
Worker falls to death in elevator shaft
BEDFORD STUYVESANT (WABC) -- An elevator repairman is dead after plunging six floors down an elevator shaft.
The accident happened at 988 Myrtle Avenue in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Officials are investigating what caused the repairman to fall just after 9:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital and pronounced dead.
His name has not been released.
The building is the Brooklyn Community Correctional Center, which is a halfway house for released prisoners.
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, accident, accidental death, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 7 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 29 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 34 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
7 min ago