New York News
Worker falls to death in elevator shaft
BEDFORD STUYVESANT (WABC) -- An elevator repairman is dead after plunging six floors down an elevator shaft.
The accident happened at 988 Myrtle Avenue in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Officials are investigating what caused the repairman to fall just after 9:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital and pronounced dead.
His name has not been released.
The building is the Brooklyn Community Correctional Center, which is a halfway house for released prisoners.
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, accident, accidental death, new york news
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 33 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 15 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 13 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
15 min ago