New York News
Worker falls to death in elevator shaft
BEDFORD STUYVESANT (WABC) -- An elevator repairman is dead after plunging six floors down an elevator shaft.
The accident happened at 988 Myrtle Avenue in the Bedford Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn.
Officials are investigating what caused the repairman to fall just after 9:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital and pronounced dead.
His name has not been released.
The building is the Brooklyn Community Correctional Center, which is a halfway house for released prisoners.
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, accident, accidental death, new york news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma