New York News
Record number of potholes throughout NYC
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Department of Transportation says they are repairing a record number of potholes this year.
The mother of all pot holes us swallowing cars here on West End Ave.
"They're deep, they're frequent and they come over night," said city council member James Vacca.
This winter with cars and trucks punished by potholes, the city is making record repairs.
"We have already filled almost 117,000 potholes, roughly 62-percent more than the number we filled in the same period last year," said DOT Commissioner David Woloch.
Pothole pandemonium city council members call it as they were filled in by D.O.T. experts who also reveal the number of pothole complaints is up 35 percent.
"The average time is a little less than three days. We get to most of them in four days. That's about 75 percent of the complaints," said Galileo Orlando, Dpty. Commisioner of Roadway Maintenance. He adds, "We get to about 95 percent of the complaints in 14 days."
An additional two million dollars is being put to the pothole effort with crews working more days and longer hours.
And if you think one borough has more pot hole problems than the next, DOT says it's bad all over.
To file a claim, go to CLICK HERE.
new york city, pothole, new york city budget, new york city politics, michael bloomberg, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos