New York News
Plans scrapped for eatery atop ground zero tower
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Plans to develop a new version of Windows on the World on top of One World Trade Center have been scrapped.
The Port Authority and the Durst Organization have decided the eatery would be a money loser.
The original Windows on the World was destroyed and nearly 150 people killed on September 11th.
Executive Director Chris Ward says the authority, which owns the trade center site, was committed to finding the best and most practical use for the space.
"We don't build vanity projects at the top of tall buildings," he said.
new york city, ground zero, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 56 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 56 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 47 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 47 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
40 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
56 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos