New York News
Attempted sex assault of 8-year-old girl
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn released a sketch of a man who they say tried to sexually assault an 8-year-old girl.
It happened on Tuesday at 7:40 p.m. in East New York.
Police say the man followed the girl into the lobby of her building and attempted to sexually assault her before he ran away.
The victim was not injured.
The suspect is described as being a black man, 15-25 years old, 5'8", and 170 lbs. He was last seen wearing a dark jacket with light blue jeans and a black hat with a red emblem.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting your tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
new york city, east new york, brooklyn, child sex assault, new york news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 56 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 40 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 22 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos