New York News
Attempted sex assault of 8-year-old girl
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn released a sketch of a man who they say tried to sexually assault an 8-year-old girl.
It happened on Tuesday at 7:40 p.m. in East New York.
Police say the man followed the girl into the lobby of her building and attempted to sexually assault her before he ran away.
The victim was not injured.
The suspect is described as being a black man, 15-25 years old, 5'8", and 170 lbs. He was last seen wearing a dark jacket with light blue jeans and a black hat with a red emblem.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting your tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
new york city, east new york, brooklyn, child sex assault, new york news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello at graduation
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 53 min ago
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Video: Who will win the Indianapolis 500?
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers