New York News
Husband questioned in missing mom's murder
BRONX (WABC) -- Eddie Coello voluntarily walked into the 45th precinct in the Bronx Thursday morning for a talk with homicide detectives.
"He's not being charged, not at this time," his attorney, Renee Hill, said.
The body of his wife, Tina Adovasio, was found by kids riding ATV's in a wooded area near the Taconic State Parkway in Yorktown just before 6:00 Wednesday evening. The Medical Examiner says she was strangled.
Police called Coello a person of interest, asking him to come and talk to them again.
"He was asked to provide a DNA sample. He refused. Asked if he would look at pictures, he refused," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.
Her ex-husband, Joe Adovasio, helped police identify the body by telling them about a Sunburst tattoo on her ankle.
Darla: "Do you think he did this?"
Joe Adovasio: "Without a doubt, without a doubt. Look at his history."
Darla: "Tell us what you know about any abuse that happened?"
Joe: "She was very quiet about I this. She and the children feared for their lives."
Coello, a former NYPD officer, has a history of domestic violence against the 40 year old mother of four, official sources have said.
"I seen her when she came to me. When she was beaten up," Joe Adovasio said.
Sources say Adovasio had begun divorce proceedings. She also had an order of protection.
"She confided in me with certain things and it's because she's my friend. And I did see bruises,. But I never judge," friend Margot Paladines said.
When Tina did not answer a text message and went missing, her close friend and others became very concerned.
"I was hoping for us to find her alive," Paladines said.
Adovasio was last seen at her home on Edison Avenue in the Bronx around 9:00 Friday night.
Coello didn't acknowledge the allegations or say a word as he walked out of the precinct 20 minutes later with his attorneys.
"As far as I know, the kids are fine and I hope that they remain that way. My condolences go out to the family and that's I can say right now," Hill said.
new york city, bronx, missing person, yorktown, body found, crime, new york news, tim fleischer
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 18 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 19 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
11 min ago