New York News
Teen arrested in Brooklyn toddler beating
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest in the beating of a foster child.
Kysheen Oliver, 19, was arraigned on Monday on charges of beating his girlfriend's foster child. He faces seven charges including assault and reckless endangerment.
The court complaint details the injuries that 17-month old Kymell Oram sustained.
The ADA on the case said in court that Kymell suffered repeated blows from an adult, possibly with a metal rod or bat. The boy is not expected to survive the beating.
Police say the mother left the boy in Oliver's care while she took two older children to school on Thursday.
Oliver was ordered held without bail. Next court date is scheduled for March 24th.
The district attorney's office says the case is still under investigation and that no decision has been made on whether to charge the foster mother, 35-year-old Teyuana Cummings.
The city's Administration for Children's Services has asked the Family Court to place the other two children into the agency's protective custody.
new york city, east new york, brooklyn, child abuse, child injured, new york news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 1 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 3 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 49 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 38 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos