New York News
New program allows you to fight NYC tickets online
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Bloomberg along with others announced a new way to dispute parking tickets online instead of having to go to court to fight them.
Online hearings will produce efficiencies for City government, reducing spending on paper and mailings, eliminating paperwork processing, and increasing the productivity of administrative law judges, who will be able to make use of time between live hearings to review digital cases.
"Enforcing our traffic laws is critically important to protecting public safety, promoting business activity, and reducing gridlock and congestion," said Mayor Bloomberg. "No one likes to get a ticket, but it shouldn't have to be so difficult and time-consuming to contest one. This new program will make it much easier and faster to contest a ticket - and save New Yorkers from having to take off work do it."
In addition to parking and red light camera tickets, New Yorkers can also contest the following tickets online:
To contest a parking ticket or Environmental Control Board ticket, visit LIVE VIDEO: www.nyc.gov
new york city, michael bloomberg, parking, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 53 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 37 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 15 min ago
- Justin Bieber due in Toronto court on assault charge 5 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos