New York News
More bus drivers arrested in crackdown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Another 11 bus drivers have been arrested for allegedly using aliases to get fraudulent licenses.
In that accident, New York state investigators subsequently determined that the driver, Ophadell Williams, allegedly provided false statements on his application for a driver license to conceal the fact that he used multiple names and previously had his driving privileges suspended. The accident remains under investigation.
Those arrested Friday include commercial operators and four Metropolitan Transportation Authority employees.
Police also arrested two bus drivers and a cab driver on Thursday, accusing them of obtaining driver licenses using aliases.
Department of Motor Vehicles investigators are using facial recognition technology to identify individuals with a valid commercial driver's license in one name and additional licenses in another. Their driving privileges are suspended pending prosecution for filing false documents.
MTA Chairman Jay Walder says its drivers have been suspended and the authority plans to fire them.
new york state, new york city, bronx, bus, investigation, new york news
- 2 elderly residents hurt in Queens home invasion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 26 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 27 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 54 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos