New York News
Couple ties knot at Macy's on Sunday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A couple who met at the Macy's Flower Show tied the knot on Sunday night right where they met.
Bowers was visiting from California back in 2009 when Naolo spotted her. He works as a police officer and cautioned her that she looked like a tourist, and offered to show her around the city.
This past summer, Bowers came to NYC to attend a wedding with Naolo, but there was no wedding. He walked her past the Macy's store front where he had convinced the store to hang up a sign asking Bowers to marry him. She then moved to Staten Island.
The ceremony was held near the "Tower of Flowers."
Macy's has picked up the bill for the dress, flowers, jewelry and cake. After they exchanged "I do's" the couple attended a reception in Macy's main isle with 100 of their friends and family.
The flower show runs through April 10th.
new york city, marriage, macy's, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos