New York News
Couple ties knot at Macy's on Sunday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A couple who met at the Macy's Flower Show tied the knot on Sunday night right where they met.
Bowers was visiting from California back in 2009 when Naolo spotted her. He works as a police officer and cautioned her that she looked like a tourist, and offered to show her around the city.
This past summer, Bowers came to NYC to attend a wedding with Naolo, but there was no wedding. He walked her past the Macy's store front where he had convinced the store to hang up a sign asking Bowers to marry him. She then moved to Staten Island.
The ceremony was held near the "Tower of Flowers."
Macy's has picked up the bill for the dress, flowers, jewelry and cake. After they exchanged "I do's" the couple attended a reception in Macy's main isle with 100 of their friends and family.
The flower show runs through April 10th.
new york city, marriage, macy's, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos