New York News
Pimping suspect pleads guilty in NYC Taylor case
NEW YORK -- A man accused of acting as a pimp for an underage prostitute patronized by former NFL star Lawrence Taylor has pleaded guilty in federal court in New York City.
Rasheed Davis entered the plea in federal court in Manhattan on Tuesday. Davis had been charged with sex trafficking in connection with the May 6 meeting between Taylor and the girl at a Holiday Inn in Ramapo, about 30 miles northwest of the Bronx.
Taylor has admitted paying a 16-year-old runaway $300 for sex.
He says the girl told him she was 19. The ex-linebacker was ordered to serve six years of probation and register as a sex offender.
Taylor led the New York Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991.
new york city, lawrence taylor, rape, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 23 min ago
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather 7 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
35 min ago
- Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
4 min ago