New York News
Pimping suspect pleads guilty in NYC Taylor case
NEW YORK -- A man accused of acting as a pimp for an underage prostitute patronized by former NFL star Lawrence Taylor has pleaded guilty in federal court in New York City.
Rasheed Davis entered the plea in federal court in Manhattan on Tuesday. Davis had been charged with sex trafficking in connection with the May 6 meeting between Taylor and the girl at a Holiday Inn in Ramapo, about 30 miles northwest of the Bronx.
Taylor has admitted paying a 16-year-old runaway $300 for sex.
He says the girl told him she was 19. The ex-linebacker was ordered to serve six years of probation and register as a sex offender.
Taylor led the New York Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991.
new york city, lawrence taylor, rape, new york news
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Queens hit and run 22 min ago
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search continues for Malaysia Airlines plane
32 min ago