New York News
Pimping suspect pleads guilty in NYC Taylor case
NEW YORK -- A man accused of acting as a pimp for an underage prostitute patronized by former NFL star Lawrence Taylor has pleaded guilty in federal court in New York City.
Rasheed Davis entered the plea in federal court in Manhattan on Tuesday. Davis had been charged with sex trafficking in connection with the May 6 meeting between Taylor and the girl at a Holiday Inn in Ramapo, about 30 miles northwest of the Bronx.
Taylor has admitted paying a 16-year-old runaway $300 for sex.
He says the girl told him she was 19. The ex-linebacker was ordered to serve six years of probation and register as a sex offender.
Taylor led the New York Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991.
new york city, lawrence taylor, rape, new york news
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 23 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son