New York News
Pimping suspect pleads guilty in NYC Taylor case
NEW YORK -- A man accused of acting as a pimp for an underage prostitute patronized by former NFL star Lawrence Taylor has pleaded guilty in federal court in New York City.
Rasheed Davis entered the plea in federal court in Manhattan on Tuesday. Davis had been charged with sex trafficking in connection with the May 6 meeting between Taylor and the girl at a Holiday Inn in Ramapo, about 30 miles northwest of the Bronx.
Taylor has admitted paying a 16-year-old runaway $300 for sex.
He says the girl told him she was 19. The ex-linebacker was ordered to serve six years of probation and register as a sex offender.
Taylor led the New York Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1987 and 1991.
new york city, lawrence taylor, rape, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver 25 min ago
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled 50 min ago
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
14 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street...
50 min ago