New York News
Holiday blizzard costs pile up for New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- We're beginning to learn just how much money December's holiday blizzard will end up costing New York City.
Published reports say the city has already paid nearly $730,000 in damages from the storm.
More than 800 claims have been filed, most of which involve snowplows damaging homes or cars.
Other claims are from people who say they were injured in the storm.
The cost of the settlements so far only cover about 35 percent of the total claims.
new york city, blizzard, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Residents warned to look out for black ice 4 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Local 7 line service resumes after signal problems 13 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of Year 7 min ago
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 42 min ago
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
4 min ago