New York News
Holiday blizzard costs pile up for New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- We're beginning to learn just how much money December's holiday blizzard will end up costing New York City.
Published reports say the city has already paid nearly $730,000 in damages from the storm.
More than 800 claims have been filed, most of which involve snowplows damaging homes or cars.
Other claims are from people who say they were injured in the storm.
The cost of the settlements so far only cover about 35 percent of the total claims.
new york city, blizzard, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 49 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 24 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 28 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
53 min ago