New York News
Bloomberg warns of tax scams
NEW YORK (WABC) -- With tax deadline fast approaching, New York City's officials are warning about tax scams.
A citywide inspection of more than 1,200 income tax preparers found one in three operations violated consumer protection laws.
Department of Consumer Affairs say violations include misrepresenting tax preparer's, qualifications and illegally advertising refund anticipation loans.
These loans come with high-interest, which often is not disclosed customers.
For more go to www.nyc.gov.
new york city, tax cut, tax refund, taxes, new york news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 32 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 32 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines 22 min ago
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
58 min ago