New York News
Bloomberg warns of tax scams
NEW YORK (WABC) -- With tax deadline fast approaching, New York City's officials are warning about tax scams.
A citywide inspection of more than 1,200 income tax preparers found one in three operations violated consumer protection laws.
Department of Consumer Affairs say violations include misrepresenting tax preparer's, qualifications and illegally advertising refund anticipation loans.
These loans come with high-interest, which often is not disclosed customers.
For more go to www.nyc.gov.
new york city, tax cut, tax refund, taxes, new york news
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded 11 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement 33 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
11 min ago
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in...
33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
59 min ago