New York News
NYC teacher accused of threats out on bail
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A New York City art school teacher is out on bail Sunday night after prosecutors say she made threatening statements to co-workers.
Earlier this week, two co-workers said she threatened a machine gun rampage at the school.
Those workers alerted police, who arrested Milo at the school on Friday.
According to prosecutors, Milo was in a teacher's lounge at Fort Hamilton High School when she delivered the threat.
Milo's attorney insists she's innocent and that she doesn't own any weapons.
She faces up to seven years in jail if convicted.
Officials said Milo, 34, has had issues in the past. She was removed from the classroom last May and sent to the "rubber room" where New York City teachers accused of wrongdoing or incompetence were sent until a hearing could be held.
The Bloomberg administration and the teachers union agreed to do away with that policy this year.
Teachers are now reassigned to administrative duties or non-class work while they await their cases are pending.
Milo resumed teaching last September.
She has been with the school and the Department of Education since 2001.
Officials said she will face disciplinary action when legal proceedings are completed.
new york city, brooklyn, crime, arrest, teacher arrested, threat, new york news
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken 26 min ago
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 23 min ago
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- Screw Magazine publisher Al Goldstein dies at 77
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
25 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos