New York News
Teen dies after Union Square subway plunge
UNION SQUARE (WABC) -- A high school student died in the hospital Saturday night after a freak accident in a subway station in Manhattan.
Adrian Rodriguez, 18, was rushing to catch a train Friday morning and fell down a flight of stairs and plunged head first into a parked train.
It happened at the 14th Street Station in Union Square.
Rodriguez was rushed to the hospital where he had been on a ventilator.
new york city, union square, subway, accidental death, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 4 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
9 min ago