New York News
Teen dies after Union Square subway plunge
UNION SQUARE (WABC) -- A high school student died in the hospital Saturday night after a freak accident in a subway station in Manhattan.
Adrian Rodriguez, 18, was rushing to catch a train Friday morning and fell down a flight of stairs and plunged head first into a parked train.
It happened at the 14th Street Station in Union Square.
Rodriguez was rushed to the hospital where he had been on a ventilator.
new york city, union square, subway, accidental death, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 22 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform 7 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide