New York News
Two teens sought after Brooklyn triple shooting
EAST FLATBUSH, Brooklyn (WABC) -- An attempted armed robbery in Brooklyn led to the shooting of three people.
The gunfire broke out late Saturday night at Church Avenue and East 48th Street in East Flatbush.
The victims, who ran for cover inside a nearby club, all survived.
"This area, I mean for the last six months, it's been crazy, it's been pure war, chaos," said hairstylist Kisha Silvester.
The madness, once again unfolded on Church Avenue.
Saturday night, once again, it involved gunfire and once again most people living here are too afraid to talk.
But Kisha Silvester isn't.
She works in a hair salon two doors down from Universal Resort, where Saturday night's gunfire erupted outside as a baby shower was going on inside the small catering hall.
"We heard the shots, came out to see what was going on and that's when I heard a lady screaming 'Someone got shot'," Silvester said.
Police say at about 9:30 p.m. the 911 call came in.
Three people had been shot; a 19-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl.
"You could tell she was hurt but not seriously. The woman looked serious," Silvester said.
Silvester says the two females were probably hit by stray bullets.
That they were standing in the front of the hall, near the door, right next to this glass partisan, half of it was missing Sunday morning, shattered by bullets.
It's not clear where the young man was at the time but all were rushed to Kings County Hospital.
Police do not know what sparked the initial gunfire outside but Silvester does remember seeing several people running away from the hall right after hearing the gunfire.
The banquet facility sits right next door to a Chinese Restaurant where in November, two 20-year-olds were shot, one fatally, when someone walked in and pumped off at least six shots.
As for Silvester, she just keeps an eye out and hopes for the best.
"We worry but god is on our side," Silvester said.
Police say they are looking for two teenage boys.
The victims' names have not been released but police say when they were brought to the hospital they were in stable condition.
new york city, east flatbush, brooklyn, robbery, shooting, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ