New York News
Brooklyn Bridge overnight closures underway
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A warning for drivers who use the Brooklyn Bridge: the iconic span will once again be closed to overnight Manhattan-bound traffic.
Transportation officials say the overnight closures are long term and necessary to rehabilitate and repaint the Brooklyn Bridge.
The closures began Monday, April 4 and last from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. on weekdays.
On weekends the closures will begin at midnight and last until 7 a.m. on Saturdays and 9 a.m. on Sundays.
new york city, brooklyn bridge, new york news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos