New York News
NYC budget cuts to equal more rats?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Budget cuts in New York City could mean more rats.
That's the warning from Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer.
He says the mayor's budget could cut pest control workers by 70%.
Stringer's warning comes as new video surfaced Tuesday of a rat scaring riders on the A train.
You can hear people screaming and jumping on seats as a large rat scurries around the train car.
The rat managed to find its way out when the door opened at the next stop.
new york city, rats, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos