New York News
Passenger from Queensboro Bridge crash dies
QUEENS (WABC) -- A woman who suffered critical injuries in a crash near the Queensboro Bridge has died from her injuries.
Beatriz Rodriguez and the driver, 39-year-old Alexander Palacio, were involved in the Wednesday morning accident, when their car exiting the bridge just before 4:15 a.m. and slammed into a row of stores on Queens Plaza South.
Rodriguez died Thursday morning while Palacio, is in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital. He was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Last Monday, an out-of-control car exited the Queensboro Bridge and crashed into the same strip of stores.
That crash killed a 68-year-old taxi driver who was standing on the sidewalk. Anthony Buscemi died at the scene.
The two occupants of that vehicle survived the crash.
The Queens Plaza South exit was recently redone as part of the Queens Plaza Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project.
It was designed to "increase pedestrian and bicycle safety" in the neighborhood.
new york city, queens, queensboro bridge, accident, new york news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos