New York News
Passenger from Queensboro Bridge crash dies
QUEENS (WABC) -- A woman who suffered critical injuries in a crash near the Queensboro Bridge has died from her injuries.
Beatriz Rodriguez and the driver, 39-year-old Alexander Palacio, were involved in the Wednesday morning accident, when their car exiting the bridge just before 4:15 a.m. and slammed into a row of stores on Queens Plaza South.
Rodriguez died Thursday morning while Palacio, is in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital. He was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Last Monday, an out-of-control car exited the Queensboro Bridge and crashed into the same strip of stores.
That crash killed a 68-year-old taxi driver who was standing on the sidewalk. Anthony Buscemi died at the scene.
The two occupants of that vehicle survived the crash.
The Queens Plaza South exit was recently redone as part of the Queens Plaza Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project.
It was designed to "increase pedestrian and bicycle safety" in the neighborhood.
new york city, queens, queensboro bridge, accident, new york news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'