New York News
Passenger from Queensboro Bridge crash dies
QUEENS (WABC) -- A woman who suffered critical injuries in a crash near the Queensboro Bridge has died from her injuries.
Beatriz Rodriguez and the driver, 39-year-old Alexander Palacio, were involved in the Wednesday morning accident, when their car exiting the bridge just before 4:15 a.m. and slammed into a row of stores on Queens Plaza South.
Rodriguez died Thursday morning while Palacio, is in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital. He was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Last Monday, an out-of-control car exited the Queensboro Bridge and crashed into the same strip of stores.
That crash killed a 68-year-old taxi driver who was standing on the sidewalk. Anthony Buscemi died at the scene.
The two occupants of that vehicle survived the crash.
The Queens Plaza South exit was recently redone as part of the Queens Plaza Pedestrian and Bicycle Improvement Project.
It was designed to "increase pedestrian and bicycle safety" in the neighborhood.
new york city, queens, queensboro bridge, accident, new york news
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
11 min ago