New York News
Propane tank explodes when car hits food truck
TRIBECA (WABC) -- A car collided with a food truck in TriBeCa, causing a propane tank to explode on Monday afternoon.
The accident happened at West and North Moore Streets around 3:20 p.m.
Two people were taken to the burn center at Cornell Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities said the two are brothers who were working on the truck at the time of the accident. They suffered burns on various part of their body, officials said.
Firefighters worked quickly to secure the other propane tanks on the truck so they did not explode as well.
new york city, triBeCa, accident, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 3 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 4 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos