New York News
Pop-up restaurants launch in Chelsea Market
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Pop-up restaurants emerge in the Chelsea Market, bringing a variety of food and an opportunity to meet top chefs all to one place.
The James Beard Foundation created the unique idea of the pop-up restaurant and Vice President Mitchell Davis is proud to be behind this up and coming trend.
The West Village is home to the James Beard House, the original place where chefs join together to cook their specialties for food lovers.
The foundation is now expanding to the Chelsea Market through May 14th.
A café style atmosphere during the day will offer a high quality lunch and will then transform to provide an elegant dinner at night.
Free demos along with lectures from chefs and cook book authors will be available as well.
It will be open to the public from 11 am-4 pm, Monday through Saturday.
However, tickets are needed to take part in the pop-up restaurant dinner experience that will feature different guest chefs.
A ticket costs $75 per meal.
For ticket information:
new york city, food, new york news, lauren glassberg
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma