New York News
NYPD makes arrest in subway robbery spree
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- A teenager is under arrest Thursday in connection with a string of frightening subway robberies.
Police say 17-year-old Devante Scott is in custody after robbing seven teenagers since February.
Authorities say surveillance video shows Scott at the scene of the last robbery, inside a subway station in SoHo last week.
Police say Scott chatted up his victims before threatening them with a knife or a gun.
new york city, east village, lower manhattan, upper west side, subway, subway crime, robbery, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos