New York News
NYPD makes arrest in subway robbery spree
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- A teenager is under arrest Thursday in connection with a string of frightening subway robberies.
Police say 17-year-old Devante Scott is in custody after robbing seven teenagers since February.
Authorities say surveillance video shows Scott at the scene of the last robbery, inside a subway station in SoHo last week.
Police say Scott chatted up his victims before threatening them with a knife or a gun.
new york city, east village, lower manhattan, upper west side, subway, subway crime, robbery, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos