New York News
2 arrested in Chinese deliveryman attack
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- Police arrested two of four teens accused of beating and attempting to rob a Chinese food deliveryman in Manhattan.
It happened on Friday, April 22nd inside 40 Morningside Avenue in Morningside Heights around 4:20 p.m.
The suspects allegedly called in a Chinese food order, entered the location, went to the sixth floor and waited for the delivery person.
When the delivery person got off of the elevator on the 6th floor he was attacked by three of the suspects.
During the assault the suspect's attempted to steal the victim's money from his pocket.
The suspects then ran away and met up with a fourth suspect who acted as a lookout and ran towards Morningside Park.
All of the suspects are described as black males between the ages of 15 and 19.
Police announced Wednesday that they had arrested 16-year-old Charles Codrington of the Bronx and another 15-year-old boy. Both are charged with burglary and robbery.
Police continue to search for the remaining two suspects.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
You can also submit your tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting your tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and then entering TIP577.
new york city, morningside heights, robbery, new york news, jim dolan
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
3 min ago