New York News
New schools Chancellor stopped by NYPD
QUEENS (WABC) -- A traffic stop is under scrutiny because police pulled over one of New York City's most powerful African-American officials.
On Thursday night in Queens, plain-clothes officers pulled over the city-owned car of schools chancellor Dennis Walcott.
The officers said the driver had failed to use a turn signal.
Walcott was a passenger but he disputed that there had been traffic violation.
The officers let the car go without a ticket.
new york city, new york news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 34 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 53 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 31 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 35 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 29 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
53 min ago