New York News
Lucky Rice Festival
NEW YORK (WABC) -- An annual week of festivities, the Lucky Rice Festival shines a spotlight on Asian culinary culture through 8 auspicious events including the Grand Feast, Night Market, Opening Cocktails, Talk + Taste and other tastings, dinners and gastronomic gatherings.
Following a sold-out 2010 New York City launch that attracted over 6,500 guests, we are expanding into other North American markets with both the Festival as well as year-round custom events crafted for corporate partners who seek to reach culturally-sophisticated, global-minded consumers.
"I think Asian food in this country has gone through a transformation," said Hooni Kim.
Kim says the American palate is changing. People are becoming more adventurous and want to eat the real deal even if it's super spicy pickles that he puts on his Korean sliders.
"Nowadays we're into authentic flavors and the American people have embraced it," adds Kim.
Lines outside the truck, that will be on hand at the outdoor night market.
For more information, go to www.luckyrice.com
new york city, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 45 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 43 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 53 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 54 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale