New York News
Six injured when car crashes into restaurant
BOROUGH PARK (WABC) -- A car drove into the front of a Borough restaurant, injuring six people, one seriously, authorities said.
The car jumped the curb and struck the front of Pizza, Bagel, Burger around 3:30 p.m.
Witnesses say the car drove into the restaurant off Avenue I.
It went about a quarter of the way inside the restaurant, they said.
At least two of the injured may be teenagers.
Five people were transported to area hospitals. Two went to Lutheran Medical Center, one in critical condition. Three adults, all in stable condition, were taken to Maimonides Medical Center.
Officials said a sixth person was injured, but refused medical attention at the scene.
FDNY EMS treated one person at the scene who they said was not seriously injured.
A worker says some of the victims were inside the restaurant at the time of the accident.
As of 4:45 p.m., McDonald Avenue was closed from Avenue I to Elmwood Avenue. Avenue I was closed between East 2nd Street and McDonald Avenue.
So far no charges against the driver.
new york city, brooklyn, flatbush, accident, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 24 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 22 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
19 min ago