New York News
Jazz musician death ruled a murder in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The medical examiner says a 62-year-old man discovered dead in his basement of his Brownsville home was murdered.
The victim was found stuffed inside a storage bin in the basement
Wright's son called police, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The medical examiner said he died of stab wounds to the torso and neck.
Wright was a jazz musician who performed under the name Suleiman "Hakim" Wright. He was also a retired music teacher and was well liked in the neighborhood.
His daughter, N'Bushe Wright, is a Hollywood actress best known for her roles in "Blade" and "Dead Presidents." She is returning to Brooklyn from Los Angeles.
new york city, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 39 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 29 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
45 min ago