New York News
Site of mosque vandalized in Brooklyn
SHEEPSHEAD BAY, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A local Muslim community says the killing of Osama bin Laden is making it a target of hate crime.
Graffiti reading "he is dead" and happy faces were spray painted on the construction fencing around the site of the proposed Voorhies Avenue mosque in Sheepshead Bay.
When Newscopter 7 flew over the site Tuesday afternoon, the messages had been blacked out.
Organizers of the mosque say the graffiti appeared after bin Laden was killed.
The vandalism has been reported to police.
new york city, hate crime, brooklyn, sheepshead bay, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos