New York News
Site of mosque vandalized in Brooklyn
SHEEPSHEAD BAY, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A local Muslim community says the killing of Osama bin Laden is making it a target of hate crime.
Graffiti reading "he is dead" and happy faces were spray painted on the construction fencing around the site of the proposed Voorhies Avenue mosque in Sheepshead Bay.
When Newscopter 7 flew over the site Tuesday afternoon, the messages had been blacked out.
Organizers of the mosque say the graffiti appeared after bin Laden was killed.
The vandalism has been reported to police.
new york city, hate crime, brooklyn, sheepshead bay, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 50 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 52 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 22 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
50 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
52 min ago