New York News
5-year-old boy struck and killed by truck in Brooklyn
WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A family is in mourning in Brooklyn after a truck driver accidentally hit and killed a 5-year old child.
The incident happened at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Heyward Street in the Williamsburg section around 5:45 p.m. Thursday.
Police say another boy was riding his tricycle between two parked cars when he went into the street. The delivery truck driver hit his brakes and swerved to avoid hitting the child.
In doing so, the driver struck and killed 5-year-old Joel Englender, whom he did not see.
The driver was not charged.
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, child death, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 14 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 51 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos