New York News
5-year-old boy struck and killed by truck in Brooklyn
WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A family is in mourning in Brooklyn after a truck driver accidentally hit and killed a 5-year old child.
The incident happened at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and Heyward Street in the Williamsburg section around 5:45 p.m. Thursday.
Police say another boy was riding his tricycle between two parked cars when he went into the street. The delivery truck driver hit his brakes and swerved to avoid hitting the child.
In doing so, the driver struck and killed 5-year-old Joel Englender, whom he did not see.
The driver was not charged.
new york city, brooklyn, williamsburg, child death, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 53 min ago
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea 3 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
1 min ago