New York News
Jury deliberations head to day 3 in NYPD rape trial
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The jury begins its third day of deliberations Friday in the trial of two NYPD officers accused of rape.
Prosecutors say officer Kenneth Moreno raped an intoxicated woman in her East Village apartment in 2008.
Moreno's partner, officer Franklin Mata is accused of standing guard during the assault.
Earlier, the jury asked the judge for clarification of police misconduct.
The officers face 25 years in prison if convicted.
Moreno and Mata were called to help the drunken woman get home from a taxi. Moreno is accused of raping the now 29-year-old woman while she was physically helpless after passing out.
Moreno says the woman made sexual advances, and they cuddled in her bed but didn't have sex.
Jurors requested a transcript Wednesday of a taped conversation between the woman and Moreno in which he denied having sex but also said he wore a condom.
new york city, nypd, rape, new york news
- House fire in New Brunswick 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire 18 min ago
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual 22 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside! 5 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Baruch College student dies in apparent...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
53 min ago