New York News
The Sean Elijah Bell Community Center opens
JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) -- A new community center in Queens pays tribute to Sean Bell, the man killed in a hail of police bullets hours before his wedding.
The Sean Elijah Bell Community Center on Sutphin Boulevard opened Saturday morning.
It will provide tutoring, General Educational Development and mentoring programs to local residents.
It's been nearly five years since Bell was shot by police outside a strip club in Jamaica during his bachelor party.
Three detectives were acquitted of manslaughter and reckless endangerment charges.
new york city, sean bell, queens, jamaica, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel 10 min ago
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos