New York News
DNA links Strauss-Kahn to maid, reports say
NEW YORK (WABC) -- ABC News has learned dna on a hotel maid's clothing is a match with Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
The former International Monetary Fund chief is charged with sexually assaulting the maid in Midtown.
Strauss-Kahn remains under house arrest and out of sight at a luxury apartment in Lower Manhattan.
Curious onlookers and a throng of reporters did catch a glimpse of his wife leaving their luxury high-rise on Sunday. Anne Sinclair, once a prominent French TV journalist, returned four hours later.
The cost to secure him has been estimated at $200,000 a month -- paid for by him.
After he's moved to a more permanent location, he can leave for court, doctor visits and weekly religious services. Prosecutors must be notified first.
Meanwhile, the IMF, which provides billions in loans to stabilize the world economy, says it plans to choose a new leader by the end of June.
The Netherlands has thrown its support behind French finance minister Christine Lagarde as the next head..
Finance Minister Jan Kees de Jager says Lagarde is "outstandingly suitable" to succeed Strauss-Kahn, who resigned last week because of the scandal,
Several other European leaders have supported Lagarde, who has emerged as the frontrunner for the job.
new york city, sexual assault, midtown, dominique strauss-kahn, imf, new york news
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green