New York News
Police hunt for serial robber in Manhattan
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- The NYPD is the hunt for a man who has robbed or attempted to rob nine businesses in Manhattan.
There have been four incidents in the past three days.
Police say the suspect covers his face and puts his hand under his shirt, pretending to have a gun.
Surveillance video shows the man moments before he attempted to rob a Duane Reade in Chelsea last Saturday. The more recent incident happened Monday at a Chase Bank in Midtown.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 35 to 40 years old, standing about 5-foot-7 to 6-feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He's been seen wearing dark glasses and a baseball cap.
So far, he's targeted stores and banks in Midtown and Lower Manhattan. Police say once he enters the location, he covers his face with one hand and places his other hand under his shirt, simulating a gun.
He usually approaches an employee at the counter and demands cash. Police ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, midtown, chelsea, lower manhattan, robbery, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 26 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos