New York News
Police hunt for serial robber in Manhattan
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- The NYPD is the hunt for a man who has robbed or attempted to rob nine businesses in Manhattan.
There have been four incidents in the past three days.
Police say the suspect covers his face and puts his hand under his shirt, pretending to have a gun.
Surveillance video shows the man moments before he attempted to rob a Duane Reade in Chelsea last Saturday. The more recent incident happened Monday at a Chase Bank in Midtown.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 35 to 40 years old, standing about 5-foot-7 to 6-feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He's been seen wearing dark glasses and a baseball cap.
So far, he's targeted stores and banks in Midtown and Lower Manhattan. Police say once he enters the location, he covers his face with one hand and places his other hand under his shirt, simulating a gun.
He usually approaches an employee at the counter and demands cash. Police ask anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, midtown, chelsea, lower manhattan, robbery, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 23 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 15 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos