New York News
Bandit targets iPhone users in Queens
LONG ISLAND CITY (WABC) -- The NYPD is looking for a bandit who is targeting people with iPhones in the Long Island City section of Queens.
At the corner of 41st Avenue and 21st Street over a 10 day period, he has managed to sneak up behind three unsuspecting callers and snatch the iPhone right out of their hands, running off down the street.
He snatched a fourth iPhone about a block away.
The suspect is described as a young man, 16-20 years old, approximately 5'5" to 5'09".
Anyone with information in regard to any of these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, queens, long island city, crime, robbery, iphone, new york news, tim fleischer
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos