New York News
Port Authority ready for Memorial Day travel
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Port Authority says it's ready to accommodate nearly five million people travelling by car or air this Memorial Day Weekend.
Some 3.5 million people expected to use the bridges and tunnels, which is about the same as last year.
The airports are expecting 1.4 million passengers.
Officials say, if you're going to the airport, try to use public transportation.
new york city, port authority, memorial day, travel, new jersey, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 16 min ago
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 9 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act