New York News
Woman, 92, struck by car in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- A driver backing into a parking spot in Queens struck and critically injured a 92-year-old woman.
The accident happened on 75th Avenue just before 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
Police said the driver, 37-year-old Rustam Muradoe, apparently backed his 2003 Toyota Sienna into the woman.
She was rushed to New York Hospital Queens in critical condition.
The victim's name was not released.
Muradoe was issued summonses for unsafe backing and failure to exercise due care.
The accident was strikingly similar to a crash last Friday in which a 78-year-old woman was killed after getting struck by vehicle also backing into a parking spot on the Upper West Side.
new york city, queens, accident, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos