New York News
Woman, 92, struck by car in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- A driver backing into a parking spot in Queens struck and critically injured a 92-year-old woman.
The accident happened on 75th Avenue just before 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
Police said the driver, 37-year-old Rustam Muradoe, apparently backed his 2003 Toyota Sienna into the woman.
She was rushed to New York Hospital Queens in critical condition.
The victim's name was not released.
Muradoe was issued summonses for unsafe backing and failure to exercise due care.
The accident was strikingly similar to a crash last Friday in which a 78-year-old woman was killed after getting struck by vehicle also backing into a parking spot on the Upper West Side.
new york city, queens, accident, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos