New York News
Woman, 89, struck and killed in Harlem accident
HARLEM (WABC) -- An elderly woman was killed when a pickup truck struck her and three other pedestrians.
Police say a Lincoln Town Car livery cab was making a left turn onto West 145th Street at 7th Avenue in Harlem when the Toyota pickup truck hit the car.
The truck careened into the four people standing at the corner.
The accident happened around 12:10 on Thursday afternoon.
The victim, 89-year-old Leonia White, was taken to Harlem Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Three other pedestrians and the driver of a livery cab were taken to St. Luke's Hospital in stable condition.
The investigation is continuing.
No names were immediately released.
new york city, harlem, accident, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window 34 min ago
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria 56 min ago
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter 36 min ago
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- GMA's 2013 Summer Concert Series kicks off Friday
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos