New York News
Teen shot twice on basketball court
MORNINGSIDE HEIGHTS (WABC) -- A 16-year-old boy was shot and injured while playing basketball in Morningside Heights Thursday evening.
It happened around 7 p.m. at West 118th Street and Morningside.
The boy was approached by a man on the court and was shot twice, once in the mouth and once in the hip.
He was taken to St. Luke's Hospital and is listed in stable condition. His injuries are not considered life threatening.
There is no word on the motive behind the shooting.
new york city, morningside heights, shooting, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos