New York News
Bloomberg to sink $40M more into pot holes
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Road crews will be spending a lot of time in the sun filling thousands of pot holes left over from a brutal winter.
Queens Boulevard and Bay Parkway are just two of the roads still scarred by the pot holes.
The city has filled 286,000 of them so far this year, but it still has a backlog of at least 4,000 axle-jarring craters.
The New York Post reports Mayor Michael Bloomberg now plans to spend an extra $40 million to repave some of the city's worst hit roads.
new york city, michael bloomberg, pothole, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 20 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall