New York News
Underground electrical fire sparks evacuations
FLUSHING (WABC) -- An underground electrical fire sparked evacuations in Queens on Friday afternoon.
The fire started around 4:00 p.m. at 75th Avenue and Main Street in Flushing.
According to Con Edison, gas crews shut down 4 main valves in the area as a safety precaution.
Fire department evacuated five buildings for precautionary measure.
Traffic in the area was detoured under the fire was declared under control a few hours later.
new york city, queens, flushing, evacuation, new york news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall