New York News
Red Velvet is a graceful, yet rigorous workout technique
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you've seen the bodies of the performers in "Cirque Du Soleil," you know working with those velvet ropes does a body good.
Jen James teaches the Red Velvet class at Crunch Fitness.
The first thing you learn to do is wrap the fabric around your wrists, and from there, she guides you through a series of dance moves which will eventually become a routine.
The class uses a lot of upper body strength, and there's a lot of spinning round and round, it's pretty easy to get dizzy. Jen makes it look sultry, but for a first timer, it might be a little less so.
But even if you never able to do the advanced techniques, the Red Velvet work out makes you feel a little better about that red velvet dessert you already ate... or plan to eat.
So just grab a partner, and have a go.
new york city, exercise, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 38 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 55 min ago
- 'Fake' interpreter says he was hallucinating at Mandela event
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday 57 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos