New York News
Robbers throw store owner through window
LOWER EAST SIDE (WABC) -- An apparent attempt to shoplift at a Manhattan boutique ended with a struggle and shattered glass.
The incident began around 6 p.m. Tuesday, when a group of people entered the Pilgrim Vintage Clothing Store on Orchard Street on the Lower East Side.
An owner confronted the suspects when he began to believe they were trying to shoplift.
That led to a struggle, where the owner and a suspect burst out the front window. The owner was taken to Bellevue Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Charges are pending against two men and a woman police arrested in the area.
new york city, lower east side, robbery, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 33 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
33 min ago