New York News
Man arrested for shooting dogs with paintballs
BUSHWICK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A Brooklyn man was arrested for allegedly shooting his neighbor's two dogs with paintballs because they were barking.
"This is the one that got blasted in the face," said Pete Wojcik, the dogs' owner.
That blast left the dog's eye swollen shut, and green spots just like the one near her eye covered the 3-year-old pit bull-terrier mix Baby's body.
1 ½ year old Birdie was also pelted with paint balls.
"I'm super angry with him, super angry," Wojcik said.
Wojcik has been angry since Wednesday when from inside his Bushwick home, he heard his dogs bark for a moment in the backyard, then something he still can't believe.
"I heard, det, det, det, det, det," Wojcik described.
Wojcik said he found his dogs yelping, his porch plastered by paint bullets, and then he looked up.
He saw his neighbor on the roof three houses down.
The neighbor allegedly fired 40 paint balls at the dogs in the yard because they were barking.
"He kept saying that he didn't kill the dogs, so what does it matter," Wojcik said.
The neighbor, Daniel Lacin who lives in a building down the street was arrested and later released.
He gave no explanation to Eyewitness News for the mess and the pain he's accused of causing.
"I'm happy that he's being taught that you can't just do things like that without a consequence," Wojcik said.
Lacin is charged with Overdriving, torturing and injuring animals and failure to provide proper sustenance for animals, reckless endangerment in the 2nd degree, criminal mischief in the 4th degree, criminal possession of weapon in the 4th degree.
new york city, dogs, animal abuse, brooklyn, bushwick, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 14 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 51 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 8 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
8 min ago
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
47 min ago