New York News
Deadly gunfire at Brooklyn house party
Brooklyn, NY (WABC) -- One person is dead after a house party erupted into a wild shooting spree in Brooklyn.
The shooting started just after 3:00 a.m. inside a home on Wyona Street in East New York.
According to police, the house was packed with people attending a party advertised on flyers as "Freaky Friday Party."
Police believe it started when two people who were already in some sort of fight bumped into each other, and then it spilled out onto the street.
Donzell Rogers, 20, was shot and killed.
Police said seven shooting victims were in stable condition at area hospitals Saturday.
Police say they have recovered two weapons from the scene and believe it may have been gang related.
Three people are in custody and being questioned by police.
No one has been charged.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, crime, murder, shooting, new york news
- Snow moves in 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge 18 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 30 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Snow moves in
2 min ago