New York News
Deadly gunfire at Brooklyn house party
Brooklyn, NY (WABC) -- One person is dead after a house party erupted into a wild shooting spree in Brooklyn.
The shooting started just after 3:00 a.m. inside a home on Wyona Street in East New York.
According to police, the house was packed with people attending a party advertised on flyers as "Freaky Friday Party."
Police believe it started when two people who were already in some sort of fight bumped into each other, and then it spilled out onto the street.
Donzell Rogers, 20, was shot and killed.
Police said seven shooting victims were in stable condition at area hospitals Saturday.
Police say they have recovered two weapons from the scene and believe it may have been gang related.
Three people are in custody and being questioned by police.
No one has been charged.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, crime, murder, shooting, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash