New York News
Gun buyback in Brooklyn Saturday
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The NYPD Brooklyn Clergy Task Force and Kings County District Attorney's office will be holding a "cash for guns" event this Saturday.
People can bring their guns to the First Baptist Church of Brownsville, 357 Chester Street in Brooklyn, no questions asked from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People may exchange working handguns for $200 bank cards, as well as working rifles and BB guns for $20 bank cards. While any number of guns will be accepted, a maximum of $600 in bank cards will be rewarded.
Officers from the NYPD firing range and Community Affairs bureau will be on hand to facilitate the safe and anonymous surrender of firearms.
Since 2008, the public has turned in 6,902 guns through the Police Department's church buy-back program. Guns also may be surrendered any day of the week to precinct station houses for a $100 reward.
new york city, brooklyn, gun, gun buy back, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 53 min ago
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos