New York News
Gun buyback in Brooklyn Saturday
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The NYPD Brooklyn Clergy Task Force and Kings County District Attorney's office will be holding a "cash for guns" event this Saturday.
People can bring their guns to the First Baptist Church of Brownsville, 357 Chester Street in Brooklyn, no questions asked from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People may exchange working handguns for $200 bank cards, as well as working rifles and BB guns for $20 bank cards. While any number of guns will be accepted, a maximum of $600 in bank cards will be rewarded.
Officers from the NYPD firing range and Community Affairs bureau will be on hand to facilitate the safe and anonymous surrender of firearms.
Since 2008, the public has turned in 6,902 guns through the Police Department's church buy-back program. Guns also may be surrendered any day of the week to precinct station houses for a $100 reward.
new york city, brooklyn, gun, gun buy back, new york news
- Metro North trains collide, 60 people injured
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 5 people injured, struck by vehicles in the Bronx
- Vigil held for Hofstra shooting victim
- EXCLUSIVE: Hot oil attack speaks out after hospital release
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Bieber will have to pay for German monkey business
- Woman, boyfriend found shot to death in NJ park
- Tarrytown remembers Hofstra shooting victim
- abcnews: Sole survivor of plane crash breaks silence
- Photos: Scandal Season 2 Finale
- Photos: Metro North trains collide, at least 60...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos