New York News
Gun buyback in Brooklyn Saturday
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The NYPD Brooklyn Clergy Task Force and Kings County District Attorney's office will be holding a "cash for guns" event this Saturday.
People can bring their guns to the First Baptist Church of Brownsville, 357 Chester Street in Brooklyn, no questions asked from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People may exchange working handguns for $200 bank cards, as well as working rifles and BB guns for $20 bank cards. While any number of guns will be accepted, a maximum of $600 in bank cards will be rewarded.
Officers from the NYPD firing range and Community Affairs bureau will be on hand to facilitate the safe and anonymous surrender of firearms.
Since 2008, the public has turned in 6,902 guns through the Police Department's church buy-back program. Guns also may be surrendered any day of the week to precinct station houses for a $100 reward.
new york city, brooklyn, gun, gun buy back, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 42 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 19 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 38 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos