New York News
Gun buyback in Brooklyn Saturday
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The NYPD Brooklyn Clergy Task Force and Kings County District Attorney's office will be holding a "cash for guns" event this Saturday.
People can bring their guns to the First Baptist Church of Brownsville, 357 Chester Street in Brooklyn, no questions asked from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People may exchange working handguns for $200 bank cards, as well as working rifles and BB guns for $20 bank cards. While any number of guns will be accepted, a maximum of $600 in bank cards will be rewarded.
Officers from the NYPD firing range and Community Affairs bureau will be on hand to facilitate the safe and anonymous surrender of firearms.
Since 2008, the public has turned in 6,902 guns through the Police Department's church buy-back program. Guns also may be surrendered any day of the week to precinct station houses for a $100 reward.
new york city, brooklyn, gun, gun buy back, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos