New York News
Brooklyn gun buyback program a success
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A successful cash for guns buyback program was held this weekend in Brooklyn.
A total of 71 guns, including a sawed-off shotgun, were turned in for bank cards.
23 of the weapons were semi-automatics.
Dozens of revolvers, rifles, hand guns and starter pistols were also handed in.
Police say seven of the firearms were loaded with ammunition.
The guns were collected at the First Baptist Church of Brownsville.
new york city, brownsville, brooklyn, gun buy back, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 15 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 44 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 2 min ago
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- FDA proposes first regulations for...
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos