New York News
Brooklyn gun buyback program a success
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A successful cash for guns buyback program was held this weekend in Brooklyn.
A total of 71 guns, including a sawed-off shotgun, were turned in for bank cards.
23 of the weapons were semi-automatics.
Dozens of revolvers, rifles, hand guns and starter pistols were also handed in.
Police say seven of the firearms were loaded with ammunition.
The guns were collected at the First Baptist Church of Brownsville.
new york city, brownsville, brooklyn, gun buy back, new york news
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor 35 min ago
- Most Metro-North service resumes on Hudson Line
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park 7 min ago
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Newtown 911 calls to be released Wednesday 11 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious 7' halted after Paul Walker's death
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
19 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos