New York News
Brooklyn gun buyback program a success
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- A successful cash for guns buyback program was held this weekend in Brooklyn.
A total of 71 guns, including a sawed-off shotgun, were turned in for bank cards.
23 of the weapons were semi-automatics.
Dozens of revolvers, rifles, hand guns and starter pistols were also handed in.
Police say seven of the firearms were loaded with ammunition.
The guns were collected at the First Baptist Church of Brownsville.
new york city, brownsville, brooklyn, gun buy back, new york news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions 47 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014