New York News
Arrest in Brooklyn synagogue molestation case
BOROUGH PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A 19-year-old man is under arrest Sunday night, accused of molesting a boy in a Brooklyn synagogue.
Menachem Deutsch turned himself in to police on Sunday.
He's charged with sexual abuse and acting in a manner injurious to a child.
Deutsch is accused of luring boys into a Brooklyn synagogue and then sexually assaulting at least one of them.
Police say the sex attack happened during the afternoon on Wednesday, June 22.
Police say Deutsch lured a 12-year-old boy into Simcha Hall, a Borough Park synagogue located at 50th Street and 15th Avenue.
Once in the basement, police say Deutsch sexually assaulted the boy.
Police say about an hour later, a second boy, 11, was confronted by Deutsch in front of the synagogue.
That boy was not sexually assaulted but was lured into the synagogue.
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, sex offender, new york news
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 49 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309M for Tuesday drawing
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom 16 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos