New York News
Arrest in Brooklyn synagogue molestation case
BOROUGH PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A 19-year-old man is under arrest Sunday night, accused of molesting a boy in a Brooklyn synagogue.
Menachem Deutsch turned himself in to police on Sunday.
He's charged with sexual abuse and acting in a manner injurious to a child.
Deutsch is accused of luring boys into a Brooklyn synagogue and then sexually assaulting at least one of them.
Police say the sex attack happened during the afternoon on Wednesday, June 22.
Police say Deutsch lured a 12-year-old boy into Simcha Hall, a Borough Park synagogue located at 50th Street and 15th Avenue.
Once in the basement, police say Deutsch sexually assaulted the boy.
Police say about an hour later, a second boy, 11, was confronted by Deutsch in front of the synagogue.
That boy was not sexually assaulted but was lured into the synagogue.
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, sex offender, new york news
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 20 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
54 min ago