New York News
Arrest in Brooklyn synagogue molestation case
BOROUGH PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A 19-year-old man is under arrest Sunday night, accused of molesting a boy in a Brooklyn synagogue.
Menachem Deutsch turned himself in to police on Sunday.
He's charged with sexual abuse and acting in a manner injurious to a child.
Deutsch is accused of luring boys into a Brooklyn synagogue and then sexually assaulting at least one of them.
Police say the sex attack happened during the afternoon on Wednesday, June 22.
Police say Deutsch lured a 12-year-old boy into Simcha Hall, a Borough Park synagogue located at 50th Street and 15th Avenue.
Once in the basement, police say Deutsch sexually assaulted the boy.
Police say about an hour later, a second boy, 11, was confronted by Deutsch in front of the synagogue.
That boy was not sexually assaulted but was lured into the synagogue.
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, sex offender, new york news
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos